Friday, May 29, 2009

Take a peak by May 31st


Last weekend was beautiful in Fairbanks, and Chris and I soaked up every bit of sun that we could. We had a very relaxing weekend and enjoyed our time together. We were supposed to go up to the cabin on the Salcha river for the weekend, but Chris's dad's airboat was having problems, so we ended up staying in town. On Monday we took my dad's boat up the Chena River to have lunch on the riverbank.
We didn't know if the boat would scare Tucker, but obviously he did just fine!!

Chris worked really hard this weekend to get Tucker used to the water, and as you can see Tucker caught on really quick. It was the strangest thing, he would get into the water about chest deep but wouldn't take the plunge in to swim. He would duck his entire head under the water to get rocks and sticks from the ground but he was really uncomfortable swimming. Chris threw him in the water, but that didn't work out too well because he just panicked and almost drowned himself. So we remembered that he is a Labrador so he would be food driven, and lured him out there with treats....sure enough he started swimming in minutes!!
We also got maternity photos taken by Chelsey Mach (thanks to Michel for finding her....she is amazing). We took photos late at night on Friday at Skiland, and it was such a fun time. She did a wonderful job and captured some amazing moments the 4 of us had! She has a gallery of the session online, but it expires on May 31st, so please take a look before they expire!
Access code: Tucker
Click on My Favorites to view the ones that Chris and I fell in love with.

4 comments:

Sally Brown said...

What AMAZING pictures! I love the last one!! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the month with baby Bunch.

AK Momma said...

Those turned out really great! Tucker is really photogenic. I didn't realize dogs could smile :-)

michel said...

Hey Guys, Sitting here in Our Nation's Capital with Mr Skip... hard to believe you guys are almost parents!!! Great pictures by Chelsey!!! I WISH I could be there for the party, even though I check my DC mailbox daily for an invite, I would surely crash this event!!! I thought I told everyone to stay put til I got back!!! At least your mom will follow my advice!!! Love you loads, m

Morgan said...

Megs! The few pictures saw were amazing! Wish we could be there tomorrow, but have fun! Can't wait to see/meet the little one!