Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Fun

Although we knew it was coming, we are never really prepared for it....snow! It finally started snowing this week, and hasn't really stopped. It seems like it snows later and later each year. But for as long as I remember there is always snow on the ground on Halloween! It is still pretty warm outside so the snow is sticky and the roads are really icy. Which leads to the inevitable, really bad drivers. It happens every single year, people seem to forget how to drive on icy roads. That doesn't really work well with me because I am always running late, and with people driving 30mph on the highway I am now even more late!

My dad came over and we did our traditional pumpkin carving with Hayden (he is like Chris and hates getting his picture taken, so you get side shots of them both, two peas in a pod!) Chris is glad that we finally have the excuse of a kid because I used to make him do all of the holiday traditions. It was a lot of fun this year, Hayden was amazed at grandpa and what he was doing to that yummy looking orange thing (my dad gave him the top of the pumpkin and of course he tried to eat it!)

He helped his dad carve his pumpkin which was a little monster, i.e. Hayden!

It was a really fun evening and all of the pumpkins turned out great. Hopefully they will lure in the kids that are brave enough to go trick or treating, it is supposed to be -4 degrees out that night.

We are all getting ready for a big adventure this weekend. It is going to be a jam packed weekend of visiting with Auntie Amy and picking up Chris's new boat. I will fill you in once we get back, for now it is off to bed because we have to catch a plane in a few hours.

2 comments:

Joel and Katy said...

WHAT?!? You can't do blog cliff hangers like that! Joel's gonna die if Chris is getting the boat I think he's getting.... I'm glad we're not in Alaska anymore! You know Joel would have to go get one for SURE.

More importantly, your pictures are so cute! And...I LOVE doing the holiday traditions. I think Joel thinks I'm crazy too, but what's the point in having a holiday if there's no tradition behind it? I think he's with Chris though and glad we have kids now to share that with. We haven't done our pumpkins yet this year, but even if it's not until after Halloween, we WILL carve them!!!

Love you girl.

Sally Brown said...

He is SO cute! I have to admit that seeing the snow makes me really sad and jealous. I miss it so much...especially as I sit here hot at 6:45am! I hope the trip goes well.