Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas in North Pole


As you can see from the picture above, I have had a good excuse to not keep up on my blog. It has been about -40° to -60° for over a week. The ice fog has set in pretty thick so we have been trying to avoid driving into town and have enjoyed sitting in front of our wood stove. It is supposed to stay cold for at least another week, so cross your fingers for warmer weather.



We enjoyed Christmas in our new home with our new family addition. It was Tucker's first Christmas, and as you can see he really enjoyed his santa hat:) He didn't mind wearing it as long as he didn't tip his head down to pick up a toy. If he did, then the ball from the end of the hat would hit him in the eye and he would run around in circles chasing it like a big dork. Although Chris said I am the big dork for putting the hat on him in the first place!

6 comments:

Sally Brown said...

YIKES! I can feel my nose hairs and eyelashes freezing just by thinking back on the cold! We only saw -56 while we were there though! BRRR. I love the pictures! Tucker looks mighty cute and is getting huge! I also love the fact that it is -62 out and y'all are sporting short sleeves. That wood stove must work wonders :)

Chris and Megan Bunch said...

Did you notice that gas is still at $2.42/gal? Enjoy the warm and cheap south!

Sally Brown said...

Of course I noticed! You wish you had an el cheapo station :) I was going to tell you y'all just needed to go ahead and move down here, but I didnt' think Chris would go for that.

AK Momma said...

At least Tucker let you put the Santa hat on him. Oscar and Sampson would take their hats off before we were even done putting them on. Hope you're still staying warm. I heard on the news last night that we should be done with this by Friday hopefully. I know I'm ready for some warmer weather!

The Tylers said...

I can't believe I haven't posted until now. I love the picture of you 4 by the Christmas tree. Seriously, you are going to be the cutest little family.

michel said...

You two are so cute. I can't say I'm missing the weather. But in its own different way, it's really cold down here where I am.... Thanks for taking care of Mr Skip and your mom for me, I know I owe you big time!!! Stay warm!