Thursday, January 15, 2009

Reality


I had a little epiphany last night and came to realize a few things. Here are a few of my thoughts:
1.) Although Tucker is a sweetheart, he is not a cute little puppy any more. He was 8 weeks old when I took the first picture, and he barley fit in the corner of his bed. I took the second picture the other day, when Tucker turned 8 months old. Although he is still cute, he is far from little weighing in at about 70 pounds.

2.) Yesterday morning I must have been in complete denial because I tried to wear a pre-pregnancy outfit to work. As you can see, the little camisoles I used to wear come to about my belly button now. Speaking of buttons, I could only button 1 on the shirt.
3.) After finally realizing that my belly is growing rapidly, I started to notice many things!
a.) My pre-pregnancy underwear dig into my hips and leave lovely little red imprints into my
sides.
b.) A girl always wants what she doesn't have, and I have always wanted more voluptuous
assets. Well now that I am busting through bras (literally) every few months, I am
starting to realize that these girls aren't everything they have cracked up to be. They get
in the way, sweat, are heavy, and make it difficult to find clothes that fit and don't give
the appearance that you are spilling out everywhere!!
c.) Lotion can only work so many wonders....I'll leave it at that.
4.) It has finally warmed up, and I realized last night that people in Alaska (including myself) are crazy. It went from 40 below zero to 40 above overnight. With that, I put on my light coat, started wearing short sleeve shirts, and rolled my window down on the way home from work. I was really happy until I drove home and dealt with the icy roads, stupid drivers, and noticed the dog poop appearing amongst the snow in our yard.
Okay, enough reality. I am going to enjoy our heat wave, and the 6 minutes of extra daylight we are getting each day:)


4 comments:

Sally Brown said...

THIS IS THE BEST POST EVER! I was standing when I was reading it and had hopped because I got so excited to see your belly. It made me laugh outloud because I remember that realization and how sad it is when your shirts go to your belly button! I told you those motherly assets are EVIL! And the pictures of Tucker were priceless! Thanks for a good laugh

AK Momma said...

Congratulations on some of the harsh realities of motherhood! There are many more to come :-)

Joel and Katy said...

You're KILLIN' me girl! I was dying laughing reading this. How true, how true. Trust me, I'm at 23 weeks this week and it only gets more shocking! People are starting the "belly rub" thing like I'm public property and everyone refers to it as my "pooch". I consider my "pooch" to be my two labs at home. Not a part of my body. Grrr. It's my BABY, not some fat storage. Anyhooo.... Have you guys decided to find out? I can't remember... And the boob thing, oh my. I'm with you on that too. Though Joel is thrilled with the new "assets", they get in my way of how I usually sleep at night, my tops fit funny, my bras are ridiculously too small, etc. Time to go shopping I suppose... Just wonder how much bigger they're gonna get before this is all over with! Well girl, have fun, keep posting hilarious blogs like this, and tell Chris we said HI!!!

Love you,

Katy

michel said...

Ah Megs, you are so cute! I guess I should add a little, "I remember when you were little" story in here.... but I won't. We're never happy with with what we have! Last year Morgan was asking me how long it took for me to get rid of the fat I gained when I was pregnant. I looked at her and said, "well, you're 26 and I haven't gotten rid of it yet!" Oopss, sorry I guess I shouldn't have shared that with you....yet!
This is fun!