Wednesday, March 4, 2009

23 Weeks

I once again have to bare all so that everyone can see that my belly is expanding by the days. Time is flying by so fast, it is hard to believe that I am already almost 6 months along. Baby Bunch is growing extremely fast, and appears to have a little attitude. Yesterday we experienced watching my belly move as the baby was kicking up a storm, I couldn't tell if it was kicking because I was hungry or because I was poking at my belly!! I am fascinated by the whole experience, it has been absolutely amazing! I feel on the slightly large size because people ask me when my due date is and when I reply with June 28Th, they give me the long disappointed "Ohhhh" like they were expecting me to say I was due next week.
I managed to pull off a surprise birthday party for Chris this past weekend, and we had a great time seeing everyone. Life gets busy, so it is always nice to catch up with all of our friends. Chris didn't make it very long into the night, it seems as though the porcelain goddess was calling his name:)
We are traveling to Vegas tonight with my parents so that Chris and my dad can play in a hockey tournament. I am excited for some relaxation and sun. This will be our first time both leaving Tucker, I am sure he will do fine without us.....but he is our first child and might I mention spoiled. How do I tell the house sitter to follow all of our quirky habits, like letting him in after you've taken a shower so that he can drink the water, or letting him go with you every time you run an errand and rolling down the window in the car (even though it is 0°), or letting him cuddle with you in the bed, or throwing his golf ball at night....okay I will stop now before everyone thinks we are crazy. He will survive, and so will I after we land in hot weather with plenty of time for naps!!!

4 comments:

Sally Brown said...

You look so cute! All of your quirks with Tucker make me laugh, though they don't surprise me :) I hope y'all have a GREAT trip.

The Tylers said...

You are so stinkin' precious! Don't let anyone make you feel like you are anything less than perfect. People always have some comment to throw in about pregnant people. You are perfect! Hope Chris is recovering!

AK Momma said...

Glad to hear the party went well. Sorry again that we couldn't make it. We'll have to meet up when you get back from Vegas so you can fill us in on your trip. Enjoy the naps while you can!

Joel and Katy said...

Hey girl! You look fantastic. And you look no where NEAR any sort of due date. People are retarded. I'm very small for 7.5 months pregnant, but the other day this lady (who is probably 75 pounds heavier than I am right now and she's NOT pregnant)asked me when I'm due. When I told her, she kind of got this snobby look on her face and said, "oh! I looked about as big as you when I gave birth to my daugther". Unless her daughter was super early, I wanted to tell her that she doesn't even look like I do NOW!!! And her daughter was like 3 years old. Old bag. I dunno why people have to make dumb comments when you're pregnant. The only comments allowed should be, "you look amazing" (or beautiful, or glowing, or anything in that family!) Tee hee hee. Have fun in Vegas, you hot little mama, and look forward to hearing your post on that!