Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weekend Fun

This weekend we made a trip up to our cabin on the Salcha river with Tucker. The cabin is about 20 miles up river, so it took us about 30 minutes on the snowmachines. Tucker ran for a few miles and then decided that it was much less work to ride in the comfort of his dad's lap.
I wish I had the luxury of being snug and warm under a blanket in Chris's arms while he did all the work!! As you can tell Tucker is very spoiled :) Snowmachining just isn't the same anymore...I didn't fit into any of my gear so I had to borrow my dad's. Also, you would be amazed at all of the stomach muscles you use while snowmachining, the bumpy trail was quite a workout for baby Bunch and I!

For Valentines day we were invited to a dinner to celebrate Lincoln's 200th birthday. It wasn't an ideal romantic evening, but we enjoyed each others company and the opportunity to dress up and meet prominent people around the community.

We listened to many interesting speeches...including one from Governor Sarah Palin. She is a beautiful woman and a very articulate speaker. It was fun to see her in person and to listen to her poke fun at all of the jokes that have been made about her.
We enjoyed the evening with my parents. Here is a picture of my mom and me; we didn't plan our outfits, it was a complete coincidence that our dresses were very similar!!


Nine years ago today Chris entered my life and it has been an amazing journey. I have put up a slide show of the past few years so that I can share some of the wonderful memories that we have together. We have gone through a lot together and have grown into each others best friends. I couldn't imagine a better person to walk through life's adventures with.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aahhhhh, who else do you think that you need to meet. You have already met me. That should be enough.

Anonymous

Sally Brown said...

Wow, you looked absolutely amazing on Valentine's Day! Please let your mom know that she looked great too! Tucker should be ashamed riding on the snowmobile (yeah, yeah...I know that is not the proper term in AK, but this southern girl can't help it)!! I'm glad y'all got to go to the cabin for a while.

The Tylers said...

That is so great! I cannot imagine you doing all that & pregnant. You looked like a million bucks...so did your mom :) Let us know when you are planning your southern FAMILY vacation.

AK Momma said...

FYI, Jeremy is the anonymous commenter. He thinks he's so funny :-)

Nine years! That sounds like such a long time. Congrats to both of you. You looked great for your Valentine's date

Anonymous said...

I miss you . Your belly is getting bigger. Can't beleive you went snowboarding!!! You must feel great! Love,Trisha(Sally's Mom)

Joel and Katy said...

Awww... you two are so cute! I know what you mean about the bumpy ride hurting the belly a bit. That's how 4-Wheeling down here is for me. It's still fun, but not quite as comfortable or care free as before. You guys looked awesome at the Valentine's dinner. What a fun event to go to! Tell your mom and dad HI from Joel and I when you get a chance. You and your mom looked so happy and beautiful! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

First, I am so upset because Mo would never get mother/daughter outfits. I am definately going to revisit that issue! Boy, could I wax on about stories, but I digress... I came here to wish young Mr Bunch Happy Born Day!!!! I am very sorry that your card/gift will be a tad late, but as is the case with me.... I want it to be special and get all the attention. So it will be fashionably late. Hope all is going well and you're enjoying your time together, soon you're going to have to wait until you're old like me, er Skip to have alone time again! Enjoy your special day!