Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our Baby Boy

Chelsey of MachC Photography posted our amazing pictures from our newborn session with Hayden when he was 6 days old. She did such a wonderful job and truly captured those breathtaking moments we had with our son during his first week home. Take a look at our gallery soon because the pictures will only be available for viewing until Saturday August 1st.
Email Address: clutz01@hotmail.com
Password: Tucker
Access Code: bunchofmemories

We are all adjusting well and getting somewhat of a routine established. Tucker loves on Hayden constantly and is always sneaking in kisses! Hayden doesn't seem to mind it because we will catch him smiling as Tucker is licking his entire face!

Hayden has been doing well...although we've had a few hiccups along the way. When we were at the hospital his doctor noticed a heart murmur that didn't go away before he was discharged. I have no idea what I am talking about, but I will try. They did an ultrasound and x-ray and found that a valve hasn't closed off and his blood was pumping twice as hard through the valves. The doctor says that it happens to babies (mostly preemies), and they will grow out of it by 6 to 8 months. Last week at a check-up, Hayden had lost some weight so they did some test and found out that he is lactose intolerant. So if I want to continue to breastfeed we have to give him medicine twice a day until he grows out of it, which they predict will happen at about 8 to 12 weeks. It's not too bad, he is a trooper when I give it to him and is gaining weight like a champ!

He is developing quite the personality and is such a happy baby. This past week he has been fascinated with his tongue and loves to mock you. If you stick your tongue out at him he then sticks his out!

Chris and I are staying busy and are trying to stay cool in our Fairbanks heat wave. It has been over 80 degrees for days and they are saying that this is the driest July in Fairbanks history. This summer has flown by and proof of that is the fair is coming next week...that will surely bring the rain!

6 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh my goodness!!! I think I got something in my eye while I was looking at those pictures! They are amazing. He is such an adorable baby boy. I can't wait to meet him. The one of you guys sitting on the couch holding him is my favorite by far. Congratulations you guys. Give my love to everyone.
And what is this you speak of? The fair brings rain? I can't believe it!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations Megan, Chris and Hayden!

The Tylers said...

I honestly think that it wouldn't be as interesting if there weren't bumps in the road. It seems like almost everyone has something they have to deal with when they are little...reflux, lactose intolerance, heart issues, jaundice...I guess it is a rite of passage...just stinks that you have to deal with it. Hang in there. You are doing an amazing job!

Chelsey said...

He's getting SO big!!! I can't wait to see him again. I didn't know about the heart murmur or lactose issues - I will keep you guys in our thoughts & prayers. Love the dog-baby-size shot! Ohmygosh how funny is that! :)

Joel and Katy said...

I LOVE the bubble bath photos!! What a fantastic idea. I might have to copy that :) All of them are beautiful, you three make such a postcard family! One question though, with all those naked baby pictures, did you ever get pee'd on? Tee hee, sounds risky...

Sally Brown said...

What amazing pictures! Michael had to sing and dance as I watched the slideshow. I hope Hayden is doing well on his medicine!