Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's a Boy!!

Hayden Michael Bunch was born on Monday July 6th at 6:03pm.

I am not sure if you can read his stats on the picture below, but he was quite the big boy! Thank goodness I wasn't all belly and was mostly all baby, I was a little worried there at the end when I was getting huge!! He was 9 pounds and 7 ounces, and 22 inches long...phew!! It was kind of funny because our doctor came in a few hours into labor to check on me and felt my belly to see how big she thought he was going to be and said he was about an 8 pound baby. Then when she pulled him out she was shocked to see how big he was!!!
The labor went well, it was long....but my husband was amazing through it all and seeing my little angel made it all worth it. Because Hayden was on Bunch time, our doctor decided he had been cooking long enough, and so we started induction on Sunday at 8:00pm. I had the second round at 1:00am, and contractions started about 5:00am. They continued to get stronger and stronger, but I wasn't dilating so they put me on Pitocin at 10:00am. Then Hayden still didn't want to come out quite yet, so the doctor broke my water at about 11:00am. Well the combination of Pitocin and breaking my water made my contractions unbelievable, so for an hour and a half I had contractions a minute apart that lasted a minute. My contractions beforehand were 40 on the monitor, but between 11:00am and 12:30pm, they were 90. At that point I decided I didn't want to continue like this for hours longer so I got an epidural (which was a good thing because I didn't deliver for another 5 and a half hours). It was smooth sailing after that, I told Chris that I thought it was cheating and fake labor because I could not feel an absolute thing!!! It was awesome, we napped, talked, watched TV, and hung out until about 5:00...we had a great afternoon together.

I then pushed for about 45 minutes, and out came this beautiful little guy.

The doctor said "daddy what is the sex," Chris looked down at me with the most amazing proud look and could barley even talk and then smiled the biggest grin I have ever seen on his face and told me that we had a boy. Those few seconds were worth the 10 months of waiting.

We stayed in the hospital for 2 more days and enjoyed all of our kind friends and family visiting with us and the opportunity to catch up on sleep and rest up for our new adventures. Here is a picture of our family (minus Tucker, who was at home waiting for us!) on the day we left the hospital.

I just wanted to share a picture of what I looked like a few days before Hayden's birth at 41 weeks. We took the boat up the Chena river to have dinner on the deck at the place where Chris and I got married. It was in celebration of my dad's birthday, which was on Tuesday....Hayden almost shared a birthday with my dad!

9 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh megs! He so handsome! That picture in the button up is so cute. I bet chris is jealous that Hayden has more hair than him! Can't wait to meet him! Give my love to everyone.

michel said...

Megs, Mo is right! He IS so handsome! Thank goodness he looks like you! (Had to do that Chris) I am VERY happy you're such an old fashioned couple and don't feel compelled to share all your "hospital" and "first born" pictures with us! And seriously, isn't it Grand to have that precious special surprise upon Baby Bunch's Birth! You two are awesome! Hugs to everyone from Your Nation's Capital!

Sally Brown said...

OH MY GOSH...he is BEAUTIFUL!! And he looks so sweet in his little alligator outfits! :) I am so happy he is healthy and y'all are back home. I LOVE the family photo with the three of you! How is he doing during the night? How is Tucker with him? Thanks for the pictures!

The Tylers said...

Seriously, he is so handsome! Not all babies are cute but I really think the bigger babies are precious. Congrats. I am at Sally's house and I said that you AND Chris look really good for just having a baby! If you ever need anything, you know Sally and I LOVE talking about baby stuff!

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful and we were soooo excited!!! Sally has kept Charles and I up to date. I know your parents are proud!!! Spoil Hayden for me! trisha(sally's mom)

Brooke and David said...

Congrats Bunches!! He's beautiful! I know you guys are so excited and proud to have a little boy! Glad to hear everything went well. I've been checking daily so I'm glad to know he's finally here!

Joel and Katy said...

Ahhhh!!! He's so stinkin' cute!! I can see both of you in his face. He's a perfect little combination. I don't care what you say, you totally didn't have "fake labor". You spent PLENTY of hours in pain. I can't believe you had such a big baby, you're totally the WOMAN!! I hope you three, wait, you FOUR are enjoying your together time and this new life ahead. I'm sure Tucker has some life lessons to learn... Congrats again. I can't wait for our kids to meet!

jeanie in Anchorage said...

Congrats on your beautiful boy! Michel told me that he had arrived.Regards to the new grandmother,Joanie. from Michels friend Jeanie in anchorage

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture of you three in the hospital room. Some one with a lot of talent must have been behind the camera! Did they use the curtain as a backdrop???
AMAZING...